We are currently looking to hire an Automation Specialist to provide hands on support by being directly involved in the programming, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of automation equipment and systems utilized throughout the field and process plant. Ensuring operational targets are met in a safe environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
- PLC/HMI/Scada program development and testing
- FAT, commissioning, and field service
- Creation of technical documentation (control narratives, test procedures, user manuals, installation/ commissioning manuals, etc.)
- Instrumentation, electrical and control system design support
- Provide support to project managers with a solid understanding of project execution procedures and functions such as scheduling, budget development and maintenance and scope tracking.
- Integrated testing with project teams in simulated environments in the office
- 5 + years PLC/HMI design and programming experience in the oil and gas industry
- PLC programming experience with one or more of the following vendor systems: Wonderware, Rockwell Allen Bradley, GE, Siemens, Horner.
- HMI programming experience with one or more of the following vendor systems: Wonderware System Platform, Rockwell Factory Talk SE, Factory Link, Citect, Telvent, etc.
- Experience with on-site commissioning and start-up
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering, and production processes
- PLC/HMI troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Excellent English, written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean abstract
- Ability to travel and work away from home
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly
- A structured approach to problem solving and project execution with the ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully both individually and within team environments
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focus on client service
- Be a result driven individual who takes ownership of problems and sees them through to completion
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Works well in a constantly changing environment
Experience in the following would be an asset for the position:
- Electrical and control system design
- Wonderware System Platform Training
- Gas Turbine and rotating equipment control system design and/or operating experience
- Previous experience in the natural gas processing industry within a related technical field
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications
- Aptitude for Programming (C, C#, VBA, SQL or other languages)
Start Date: Immediate
Location: West Texas
Shift Work: Various Shifts (14/14, 21/21..etc)
- A company committed to career growth.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Pre-employment background screening will be required for applicants selected to be interviewed
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you are interested in this career opportunity with White Tail Automation, please fill out the form below. We will review your details and may send you a follow up email for more information.