Reinvigorate your career with an organization that values teamwork and is passionate about the work we do and the people who do it!
We are looking for an experienced Instrumentation & Electrical Technician with a strong electrical background to join our Longmont, CO based team.
Who we are:
At the Crimson Group, we provide our clients with high-value automation, instrumentation, electrical design, and process operation solutions. With the capabilities of a large enterprise, and the agility and responsiveness of a small company, we are a customer-focused provider of automation and integrated solutions. Crimson Group provides total integration of design, project management, panel manufacturing, installation/commissioning, maintenance, and repair for North America and select international markets.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
- A laptop and company cell phone.
- PPE allowance.
- An environment of continuous learning with the opportunity to enhance your skills & experience and grow within the organization.
- The opportunity to participate in charitable events through our charity, RedTail Community Foundation.
What you will be Doing:
- Ensure the achievement of budgeted maintenance targets by practicing preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting, and timely repair of equipment.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with the required standards.
- Work closely with the I&E Supervisor in ensuring safety and environmental compliance of the team.
- Provide regular feedback to the I&E Supervisor on any issues that may arise.
- Carry out preventative maintenance, installation, and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Support the efficient operation of the production facilities by providing reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise, and practical application, to minimise down time and subsequent loss of production.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct periodic calibration of instruments on a wide range of equipment including analysers, PLC and process control equipment, communication networks, environmental emission and data logging equipment and field monitoring equipment.
- Install, program, and calibrate new equipment (rebuild as needed) and evaluate latest technologies for feasibility and efficiencies.
- Create documents for future reference and maintain maintenance project records.
- Promote a safe, efficient, and effective work culture focused on continuous improvement and achievement.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Journeyman Instrument Technician with strong electrical knowledge. (Preference will be given to candidates who are dual ticketed as Journeyman Instrumentation technicians and Journeyman Electricians.)
- Intermediate skills in math and reading wire diagrams and schematics.
- Intermediate knowledge of measurement test equipment.
- 5-10 years of experience with process control instrumentation and electrical/industrial electronics.
- Proven technical skills, fault finding and repairing complex electrical, instrumentation and communication systems.
- Proven experience in control valve maintenance and repair.
- Certified training with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electromechanical valve actuators will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance activities for various instruments and equipment and the ability to develop and document accurate and thorough work procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly.
- A structured approach to problem solving and project execution with the ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully both individually and within team environments.
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Focus on client service.
- Results driven and takes ownership of problems and sees them through to completion.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail.
Works well in a constantly changing environment.